Demark at this moment has made working holiday agreements with few countries like Australia, Argentina, Canada, Chile, Japan, New Zealand and South Korea. All who are from these countries can come to Denmark and enjoy holiday or work for 12 months. The primary purpose should be either to have holiday in Denmark or work in this country.
Working Holiday visa provides young people an opportunity to come to Denmark with an objective of combining work with holiday. It is a great way of to travel across different country to know its culture while getting significant amount of work experience. Validity of visa and eligibility requirements varies with the country of origin of the applicant. But, this kind of visa valid for one year maximum and it cannot be extended. If Working Holiday visa is granted to an applicant, he is –
- Granted residency permit of Denmark for up to 1 year
- Allowed to stay in Denmark for purpose of holiday, but can work to earn funds to support himself
- Allowed to study in Denmark for maximum 6 months
- Allowed to work full time/ part time for maximum 6 months
- Allowed to stay in Denmark and travel to other Schengen countries.
Though applicant is allowed to work full time/part time, he cannot work for same employer for more than 3 months.
General requirements to be eligible for Working Holiday visa –
- Applicant’s age needs to be between 18 and 30 years
- Applicant needs to belong to a country with which Denmark has made working holiday arrangements
- Applicant must have a good health
- Applicant should have sufficient funds for his stay in Denmark (Evidence required)
- Applicant need to have valid travel insurance
- Applicant must be fluent in English
- Passport of applicant needs to be valid for at least 3 months after the date he plans to depart Denmark
- Children of applicant cannot accompany him
Visa application can only be lodged 3 months before the planned arrival to Denmark. So, it is very important that the application form is completely filled and all required documents are submitted to ensure quick processing of visa. Before making visa application, applicant should check the Document Checklist for mandatory documents. Applicant needs to submit color copies of his passport on A4 size paper and show original passport for verification. He also needs to provide proof of sufficient funds, proof of transportation including return ticket/onward ticket, proof of travel medical insurance policy. Proof of sufficient funds varies with the country of origin of the applicant. Applicant also needs to have valid provincial health card. Visa application cannot be made from within Denmark. Application needs to be submitted to Embassy, Consulate General or other Diplomatic Mission of Denmark in the country where applicant lives. Biometric features of the applicant need to be recorded on the residence card of applicant.
If you are a resident of one of the above mentioned countries then contact us at [email protected] and we will help you for your visa.