Positive List is released by the Danish Agency for Labour Retention and International Recruitment. It is a list of professions that are in high demand in Denmark and there is lack for professionals for the same. It consists of different professions and roles including engineers, doctors, dentists, Academic professionals and others. When an individual is making visa application for Denmark, he should make sure his job title is in the list of high demand professions. It will give him easy access to labour market of Denmark. Each job title mentioned in the positive list has certain eligibility requirement in terms of educational qualification and work experience. This scheme is also valid for individuals who have applied for asylum in Denmark.
Currently Denmark has a shortage of skilled workers in certain fields. These are the occupations that will give you extra points in terms of your experience, if you are looking for Denmark Green Card. They have lately made changes in the occupation list on 1st of January 2014. The latest list includes:
- Mechanical Engineers
- Building Engineers
- Naval Architect
- Electrical Engineers
- IT Engineers
- Medical Consultant
- Medical Doctor
- Hospital Doctor
- Consultant Doctor/Physician
- Upper secondary school teacher
- Business Controller
- Financial Controller
- Business Analyst
- IT Architect
- Programmer or system developer
- IT Consultant
- Surgical Nurse
- Anesthetic Nurse
- Health Visitor
- Primary and lower secondary school teacher
Conditions applicable for the Positive List scheme –
Primary condition for seeking benefit of this scheme is that job title of the applicant must be listed on the Positive List. Apart from this, there are certain other conditions including –
- Applicant must have a valid passport.
- Applicant must have job offer or written contract with an employer. It should mention the employment conditions and salary.
- Salary and employment conditions given by employer must match standards of employment in Denmark.
- Applicant must have a relevant Bachelor’s degree as it is the minimum educational requirement for a particular position.
- Applicant must get a Danish Authorization for his educational qualification if it has been mentioned in the Positive List.
Application can be submitted from country of origin or any country where applicant is legally residing for past 3 months. In this case, residence permit is granted for 1 month so that applicant and his family members can get settled in Denmark. Applicant can also seek benefit from this scheme if he has temporary job contract. In this case, duration of the permit will be duration of temporary contract plus six months. Additional six months allows applicant to look for a new job after expiry of temporary contract.
If you have a profile in any of these categories, we will help you to get Denmark Green Card. All you have to do is send your contact details at [email protected] and we will come back shortly to help you for your bright future.